Franschhoek Family Tour
The route and distance of the Franschhoek family bike tour is created specifically with families in mind, as are the child-friendly activities and wine estates. Parents can unwind on a family bicycle tour, soaking in the sights, sounds, and flavours of the Franschhoek winelands. In the meantime, our trained guides watch the kids and entertain them with their own ice-lolly and soda pairings. Children six years and older pay full price, as they receive a full tasting and pairing schedule of non-alcoholic drinks and snacks.
TOUR START/END POINT
- Basse Provence Country Estate
TOUR START TIME
TOUR END TIME
TRANSPORT TRANSFER PICKUP TIME & LOCATION (if applicable)
- Self Drive
TRANSPORT TRANSFER DROP-OFF TIME
- Self Drive
- Fully Guided Tour (1 guide per 10 guests)
- Mountain Bike and Helmet rental
- Child Seats, Baby Buggy or children`s bikes according to the size of the child
- Snack Pack (including bottled water, choc & peanuts/raisins)
- All Wine tastings on route (2 estates visited)
- All children`s Non Alcoholic tastings/pairings on route (2 estates visited)
- Gratuities to Guides
- Additional wine purchases made on the day
- Wine Tour
More About Franschhoek
- Franschhoek is a must-visit destination in the Western Cape of South Africa for travellers. Located a short drive from Cape Town, the village delights visitors and residents with its centuries-old vineyards, fine restaurants, and spectacular views. The town is littered with remnants of its French history, reflected in historic sites and wine farm names.
- Mountain Bike
More About This Tour
Spending time with your loved ones doesn`t get any better than our bespoke family bike tour in Franschhoek. Enjoy the best of the quaint village through lush wine farms nestled by rugged mountains and renowned restaurants lining the main streets. We've created this tour to give you a chance to unwind from the busyness of life and entertain the young ones. Our 10 km journey takes you to two wine estates, a brief sighting of a local monument. We provide child seats, baby buggies, and children`s bikes for all families, so you need not worry about these additional provisions. The tour commences mid-morning at the Basse Provence Country Estate. We`ll then set off for wine tasting festivities at the stunning La Bri Estate, and Rickety Bridge Wine Estate. While parents delight in sampling various cultivars, children will be entertained with their own unique pairings. During the family bike tour, guests can glimpse the Huguenot Monument, which honours the influence of the French Huguenots who settled in the valley during the 17th century. A family bike tour in Franschhoek is unlike any other. From cultural experiences and culinary and wine festivities to peaceful ambiences and stunning landscapes, our Franschhoek family bike tour leaves lasting memories. The best part is that you'll reconnect or bond with your loved ones while having an epic adventure.