Franschhoek Half Day Winelands Cycle Tour
Recommended for guests who have limited time in the winelands but want to indulge in wine tasting in Franschhoek, the half-day tour packs the best of the Franschhoek valley into just half a day of cycling. Enjoy the unique experience of exploring the neatly kempt vineyards and majestic views by bike, stopping for two delectable wine tastings en route.
TOUR START/END POINT
- Skilpadvlei Wine Farm - Stellenbosch
TOUR START TIME
TOUR END TIME
TRANSPORT TRANSFER PICKUP TIME & LOCATION (if applicable)
- Self Drive
TRANSPORT TRANSFER DROP-OFF TIME
- Self Drive
- Fully Guided Tour 1 guide per 10 guests
- Mountain Bike and Helmet rental
- Snack Pack (including bottled water, choc & peanuts/raisins)
- All Wine tastings on route (2 estates visited) including a chocolate or biltong or turkish delight and wine pairing
- Gratuities to Guides
- Additional wine purchases made on the day
- Wine Tour
- Hard Tail Mountain Bike
More About Franschhoek
- Being pressed for time on vacation means you must find the best mountain bike tour in Franschhoek. After all, no one wants to miss wine tasting in Franschhoek at some of the best wine farms in South Africa. Formerly inhabited by French Huguenots, Franschhoek is teeming with illustrious wine estates perched on mountain slopes and nestled in the depths of its valley. With a deep vigneron tradition dating back to the 17th century, the village has some of South Africa`s oldest and most famous wine estates. Aside from its sophisticated wine farms, Franschhoek is home to Michelin-grade restaurants, stunning landscapes, and contemporary art galleries. This Franschhoek mountain bike tour is an unforgettable way to experience the town's great food, excellent wine, and scenic sights.
Our tour is ideal for guests of all kinds, from families (Half Day Family Tour) to solo travellers, who want an authentic experience of wine tasting in Franschhoek. While only for half a day, the tour is packed with delightful activities. This includes two wine estate visits, a pairing, and a brief historical monument viewing. The tour kicks off mid-morning at the Basse Provence Country Estate. We`ll then hit the road where you can enjoy the fresh air on your face and the gentle sunshine on your back. Bask in the peaceful ambience of the countryside and the aesthetic sights of Franschhoek. While we traverse steady roads and trails, this is an ideal time to unwind and briefly tuck away the remaining points of your itinerary. With the surrounding foliage blurring as we whisk by, absorb the history, ambience, and fresh air of Franschhoek. We`ll take a breather to indulge in a paired wine tasting at a small vineyard that still holds the name of one of the original 7 Franschhoek farms, before winding our way back to our second quaint estate in Franschhoek.